Saturday, June 23, 2007

Our Camping Trip

Jared, the boys and I went on our first family camping trip. We went to Pilsbury State Park in New Hampshire. We were asked by our close friends to share these few days out in the wilderness with them. We were so glad they asked us to go because we had such a wonderful time. They are a great family, and have 3 boys of their own. We had a beautiful campsite, overlooking a brook, a pond, and gorgeous scenery wherever we looked. We spent time at the campsite, eating over a fire for every meal. This was our first "gourmet" camping trip, our friends sure know how to cook. I've never had homemade pizza over a fire....yum! Along with lots of other delicious dishes. There was a small playground with 2 slides and 2 swings for the kids. Their favorite spot was a tree that they could sit on, they called it their "motorcylce". We spent time at the pond with our nets catching critters. The kids were fascinated by a big frog and salamander that were scooped up in a net. We saw a snapping turtle and a snake as well. The kids were also able to see a nest of baby birds, so amazing. We went canoing on the pond, and went for a nice hike through the woods. Jared had an awesome time, he loves the outdoors, and loves spending time with his family. The boys got filthy dirty, I didn't expect anything less from my boys. That's how I knew they were having a good time. As for me, I couldn't of asked for a better trip, I can't even complain about the little bit of rain we had, because after the rain was one of the most beautiful rainbows I've ever seen. We made some lasting memories that I will cherish always.

1 comment:

Someone said...

Lisa, I have told you this before and I will say it again....I love your photos. Noah standing under the tree... Noah looking down, wearing his necklace.... Too many for me to list them all. Those shots have a great feeling to them. Maybe you can give me some lessons!